Statement of Faith
1. We believe that all Scripture, by which we understand the whole book called THE BIBLE, is given by inspiration of God; that it is inerrant in the original writing and that its teaching and authority is absolute, supreme and final. Luke 24:25-27; Acts 1:16; I Cor. 14:37; I Thess. 2:13; II Tim. 3:15-16; I Peter 1:10-12; II Peter 1:21.
2. We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three persons, – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, having the same nature, attributes and perfection. Gen. 1:26; Isa. 6:8; Matt. 3:16; Matt. 28:19,20; Mark 12:29; John 1:1-3 & 14; John 10:30; Acts 5:3,4; II Cor. 13:14.
3. We believe in the Personality and Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, truly God and truly man. Matt. 1:18-25; John 1:1-3 & 14; 10:30; 20:28; Gal. 4:4; Col. 2:9; I Tim. 3:16; Heb. 1:1-3,8; Rev. 1-8.
4. We believe in the Personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit, the source and power of all acceptable worship and service, the infallible interpreter of the infallible Word, who indwells every true believer and is ever present to testify of Christ, seeking to occupy us with Him and not with ourselves or our experiences. John 14:16,17; 15:26; 16:7-15; Acts 5:3,4; Rom. 8:9,26,27; I Cor. 6:19;12:13; Eph. 4:30; II Thess. 2:7.
5. We believe that man was created in the image and after the likeness of God, but that the whole human race fell in the sin of the first Adam, and apart from Christ is spiritually dead and lost. We believe that no degree of reformation however great, no attainment in morality however high, no culture however attractive, no humanitarian and philanthropic schemes and societies however useful, no baptism or other ordinance however administered, can help the sinner to take even one step toward heaven; but a new nature imparted from above, a new life implanted by the Holy Spirit through the Word is absolutely essential to salvation. Gen. 1:26; 3-6; John 3:3-8,16,18,36;14:6; Rom. 3:10-12,23; 5-12; 6:23; II Cor. 5:17; Eph. 2:1-3; Titus 3:5.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ became the sinner’s substitute before God and died as a completely satisfactory sacrifice for the sin of the whole world. That He redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse in our place, dying the Just for the unjust according to the Scriptures; that no repentance, no feeling, no faith, no good resolutions, no sincere efforts, no submission to the rules and regulations of any church can add in the very least to the value of the precious blood or to the merit of that finished work wrought for us by Him. John 1:29; Rom. 3:26; 5:6-8, I Cor. 15:3,4; II Cor. 5:21; Gal. 3:13; 4:9-11; Eph. 1:7; Col. 2:14-23; I Peter 1;18,19,23; 2:24; 3:18.
7. We believe that in the same body in which Christ had been crucified, He arose from the dead, glorified, and ascended to the right hand of the Father where He is now Head over all things to the Church and ceaselessly advocates and intercedes for those who are His. John 20:20,27-29; Acts 1:9-11; 10:40,41; I Cor. 15:3-8; Eph. 1:20-22; Heb. 7:25; I John 2:1.
8. We believe that Christ in all His fullness is received by faith alone and that the moment we trust Him as our Savior we pass out of death into life, justified from all things, accepted before the father according to the measure of his acceptance, loved as He is loved and made one with Him. John 1:12; 5:24; 6:47; 20:31; Rom. 4:5,24.25; 5:1; Eph. 1:3-8; 2:4-9.
9. We believe that the Church is composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. It is the body and bride of Christ. We believe that every believer, whether Jew or Gentile, is baptized into the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit and having thus become members of one another we are responsible to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace, rising above all sectarian prejudices and loving one another with a pure heart fervently. Matt. 16; 16-18; Rom. 12:4,5: I Cor. 1:10-13; 12:12-27; Eph. 1:22,23; 2:19-22; Col. 3:14,15.
10. We believe that all believers should be careful to maintain good works and walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. We believe that though the flesh is never eradicated, it can be controlled, by the indwelling Spirit of God. Rom. 12:1-2; 14:13-21; II Cor. 6:14; Gal. 5:16; Eph. 2:10; Titus 2:11-14; I John 1:4-10.
11. We believe in the evangelization of the world, that the supreme mission of the people of God in this age is to preach the gospel to every creature. Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; II Cor. 5:18-20.
12. We believe that the souls of those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation do at death immediately pass into His presence, and there remain in conscious bliss until the resurrection of the body at His coming, when soul and body reunited shall be with Him forever in glory. John 14:1-6; 17:22-24; Rom. 8:23; I Cor. 15:35-57; II Cor. 5:6,7; Phil. 1:21-24; I Thess. 4:13-18.
13. We believe that the souls of the impenitent and Christ-rejecters remain after death in misery until the final judgment of the great white throne, when soul and body reunited at the resurrection shall be “punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power”. II Thess. 1:8,9; Luke 16:19-31; Heb. 9:27; Rev. 20:11-15.
14. We believe in the reality and personality of Satan, “that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world.” Rev. 12:9; II Cor. 2:11; 11-14; Eph. 6:11,12; I Peter 5:8; Heb. 2:14; Rev. 20:1-3,10.
15. We believe in the personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; that the coming again of Jesus Christ is the “Blessed Hope” set before us, for which we should be constantly looking. “Our citizenship is in heaven from whence we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.” Phil. 3:20; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:11; I Thess. 1:10;4:13-18; Titus 2:11-14; I John 2:28; 3:1-3; Rev. 22:20.